Why choose us?
There are a host of reasons why families choose Little Wonders Oamaru. Here are just a few of them:
- Extended hours provide enrolment options to suit all families (7.30am to 5.30pm)
- All meals provided (morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea)
- Healthy Heart gold award
- Part of Enviroschools programme
- Amazing Trent Street Wilderness Garden enables children to explore and connect with the natural world
- We use sustainable practices including worm farm, compost, recycling, eliminating plastic bags through children suppling their own wet bags
- We have our own vegetable garden and fruit trees
- Purpose built centre that is spacious, modern and inviting
- Children learn to nurture and care for animals thanks to our rabbits, turtle, guinea pigs and fish
- Our environments are inspired by the Reggio Emilia philosophy
- Primary care approach for under 2s
- Four separate rooms for each age and stage encourage accelerated learning as children transition through the centre
- Visits from local library representative for music and movement classes and story time
- Multicultural environment
- Family participation and collaborative relationships encouraged
- Highly anticipated 5th birthday ritual
- Regular participation in community initiatives such as Burns Memorial art exhibition and Victorian Heritage celebrations
- Cultural celebrations including Chinese New Year, Matariki, Diwali, Tongan Language Week
- End of year Christmas party for children and families
Te Whāriki, the early childhood curriculum document, is the foundation of our philosophy and our local curriculum of valued learning; taking into consideration the aspirations and learning priorities of our families and the community. This is supported by our belief in the values of Te Tiriti O Waitangi and the importance of collaborative, and responsive partnerships with our tamariki, families, whānau and community. Relationships for our ākonga are built on trust, respect, compassion and kindness, (Manākitanga)
We are proud of our inspiring environment influenced by the Reggio Emilia philosophy, that we believe ensures our ākonga feel calm, safe and secure while offering choices and opportunities for exploration. We recognise the value of play as ‘child’s work’ fostering skills for life. Tamariki develop a perception of themselves as competent, confident learners and communicators within our environment
We are committed to continuous growth. We support ongoing learning/ako and improvement of our teaching practice to provide successful learning outcomes for all tamariki. Kaiako foster knowledge of sustainable practices supporting tamariki to grow aroha for and engage respectfully with Papatūānuku.
We believe through embracing and reflecting the cultures within our community we provide an inclusive, warm and welcoming environment that treasures the diverse individuality and resilience of tamariki.
Manaaki whenua Manaaki tangata Haere Whakamua -Care for the land, Care for the people, Go forward.
Evolve Education Group is a leader in early childhood education, with over 120 centres across New Zealand offering a range of top quality learning options for all of our families.
Our highly regarded brands – which include Active Explorers, Lollipops, Pascals, Learning Adventures, Little Wonders, Little Lights and Little Earth Montessori – nurture children to love learning and become the best they can be. Rich and diverse educational opportunities are delivered by passionate, experienced educators in purpose designed centres equipped with the latest learning resources.
Evolve Education Group is helping shape the future, preparing little minds for great things in today’s ever changing world.