Why choose us?
There are a host of reasons why families choose Little Wonders Pegasus. Here are just a few of them:
- Purpose built centre
- Gorgeous location next to Pegasus Lake
- First rate facilities, including a separate drama room and a separate art room
- Flexible options to suit individual needs – half days, full days, mornings, afternoons
- Extended opening hours great for busy working parents (7am to 6pm)
- Healthy Heart morning and afternoon tea provided
- Fruit and vegetable gardens which the children tend
- Awesome outdoor area with interchangeable climbing boxes
- Regular excursions
- Primary care in the Nursery
- Excellent transition to school programme with close links to Pegasus Bay Primary
- Qualified art teacher every Wednesday afternoon (12 to 4pm)
- Separate kai room
- Breakfast provided for children who need it when booked prior to 8:00 am
- Monthly visits to the local school with the 4.5-5 year olds
‘Where children learn to be independent self led learners’
Little Wonders Pegasus is a place where tamariki can grow together by fostering relationships, nurturing creativity an engaging curious minds.
Relationships are at the heart of our centre; children and their families experience responsive, reciprocal relationships grounded in trust, respect and care.
Our children experience links between their home and their cultural identities are represented in the environment to nurture their sense of belonging. We value diversity and the uniqueness of our families and invite and empower them to contribute to their children’s learning goals. We acknowledge and nurture the inherent partnership established by Te Tiriti o Te Waitangi.
Kaitiakitanga is valued; where our practises of protecting and looking after our environment are valued. We believe that our environment is our third teacher and being guardians of environment is highlighted throughout our curriculum as a result.
Together with families we will enable the potential of each child while fostering a love of learning, respect for others and a strong sense of self.
Confidence and independence are supported by developing problem solving and self help skills with the time and space to do so alongside peers. Intentional teaching practises ensure children have the opportunity to practise their developing skills.
We support children to engage in meaningful learning experiences by providing an engaging, safe, and healthy learning environment where Kaiako role model positive and encouraging interactions.
We have a strong focus on children's learning dispositions of, courage and curiosity, trust and playfulness, perseverance, responsibility and confidence.
Open ended play opportunities are provided to allow children to take ownership of their learning, initiate activities take risks and develop confidence.
Evolve Education Group is a leader in early childhood education, with over 100 centres across New Zealand offering a range of top quality learning options for all of our families.
Our highly regarded brands – which include Active Explorers, Lollipops, Pascals, Learning Adventures, Little Wonders, Little Lights and Little Earth Montessori – nurture children to love learning and become the best they can be. Rich and diverse educational opportunities are delivered by passionate, experienced educators in purpose designed centres equipped with the latest learning resources.
Evolve Education Group is helping shape the future, preparing little minds for great things in today’s ever changing world.