What We Do
What makes us different...
We are a very unique centre so our philosophy is particularly important for communicating our values and beliefs to others.
We believe our focus on family provides the best environment for your children.
To provide equity and excellence for our children, parents and Whanau in a safe and inclusive learning environment.
We achieve this through...
Empowerment – Whakamana
Relationships – Ngā Hononga
Holistic Development – Kotahitanga
Family and Community – Whānau Tangata
We demonstrate this through…
- A welcoming learning/teaching environment
- Strong inclusive, reciprocal relationships- Responsive to all identities, languages, and cultures of the children/whanau whom attend Little Wonders Greenmeadows (promoting and protecting their mana).
- Embracing Te Tiriti O Waitangi through strong bi-cultural practices, together with te reo me nga tikanga Maori
- Whanau/ Community involvement
- Mannakitanga -care, integrity and respect of our children
- Opportunities and experiences that encourage the children to grow and develop at they own pace
- A learning environment where Tuakana-Teina relationships are nurtured and supported
- Using our learning environments as a third teacher, incorporating papatuanuku/mother nature
- Ako- Supporting our children, teachers and parents as teachers and learners, learning together.